Monday, September 19, 2011
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy Of The End (TLM-ENSE2)
Card Name: Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy Of The End
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard from play. Pay 1000 of your Life Points to send all cards in both players' hands and on the field to the Graveyard. Inflict 300 points of damage to yoru opponent's Life Points for each card that is sent to the Graveyard by this effect.
The card actually has a spelling error. Instead of "your" the text says "yoru". Besides that, Chaos Emperor Dragon is a near perfect card...and that's the problem. When the effect is activated, he has the ability to end a duel in a OTK (one turn kill). Because of this he is currently on the banned list and not legal to play in tournaments (Advanced Format). With Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Of The Beginning taken off the banned list recently, some people have wondered if Chaos Emperor Dragon will be taken off the banned list also. The answer is "no". I'm hesitant to say "never" but this card was basically why the banned list was created in the first place. On my personal list of most powerful cards I have Chaos Emperor Dragon at number 1. He is easy to summon, easy to build a deck around, has some of the best stats, and can end a duel with a OTK once he hits the playing field...he deserves to be number 1. If by some miracle he is ever taken off the banned list Chaos Emperor Dragon will be given my first 10/10 Personal Rating. It's that great of a card.
Rulings For This Card:
- This card sends itself to the Graveyard as part of its effect and also counts itself as part of the calculation on how much damage is inflicted.
- The damage inflicted is equal to the number of cards both players send to the graveyard x 300.
- Tokens will be removed by this card's effect but not counted towards the damage calculation because they are not sent to the Graveyard.
- It is the controller (not the owner) that activates the effect and inflicts damage to the opponent.
- If you controll your opponent's "Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy Of The End" and pay 1000 life points to activate the effect, the damage is inflicted to your opponent even though the monster returns to the opponent's Graveyard.
Artwork - 10/10
Power - 10/10
Easy To Play - 10/10
Collectable - 8/10 (currently on the banned list so that hurts this rating)
Overall Score - 9.50/10