Sunday, September 25, 2011
Exodia The Forbidden One (MC1-EN001)
Card Name: Exodia The Forbidden One
When you have "Right Leg of the Forbidden One", "Left Leg of the Forbidden One", "Right Arm of the Forbidden One" and "Left Arm of the Forbidden One" in addition to this card in you hand, you win the Duel.
Another card with a spelling error. Instead of "you" it should say "your". But that doesn't take away from the value of this card. Exodia The Forbidden One is not a very powerful card by itself. However, combine with the other four pieces it is the most powerful card in the Yugioh game. Because of this, Exodia is one of the most collected and sought after cards out there. The challenge is how to play this card successfully. Bringing all 5 pieces into play to end a duel is one of the toughest challenges in the game. Here's a few tips to help building an Exodia deck.
1. Make sure the main purpose of the deck is to bring the 5 pieces out. Don't waste precious deck space with fluff.
2. Have support cards that can bring cards back into play once they are removed or sent to the graveyard.
3. Have cards that can halt your opponent's attacks to buy you more time to draw out cards.
4. Have cards that can increase your life points (this will help extend the duel).
5. Go heavy on Spell and Trap cards that can protect the pieces when they are on the field.
6. Have monster cards with effects that can search your deck and Graveyard for the pieces of Exodia.
Doing all this still won't guarantee you success. But if you are able to end a duel by bringing all 5 Exodia pieces together, consider yourself an elite duelist...the best of the best.
Personal Rating: (This one is a little tricky)
Artwork - 8/10
Power - 5/10 (by itself...10/10 with all the pieces)
Easy To Play - 5/10 (extremely hard to get all the pieces together)
Collectable - 10/10
Overall Score - 7/10 (don't let this low rating fool you)