Saturday, October 29, 2011
Il Blud (TAEV-EN088)
Card Name: Il Blud
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect:
* Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your hand or from either player's Graveyard. When this card is removed from the field, destroy all Zombie-Type monsters Special Summoned by this effect.
This is one of the tougher cards to successfully duel with and isn't for a beginner. The negatives need to be listed in order to fully understand how difficult Il Blud is.
1. He needs to be run in a Zombie deck (and it also helps if your opponent has some Zombie cards).
2. He's a Gemini monster which means he needs to be double summoned for his effect to kick in.
3. He's a level 6 monster so on your first summon you have to tribute a monster to Normal Summon him.
4. After your first Normal/Tribute Summon you have to hope your opponent isn't able to remove him (2100 ATK and 800 DEF isn't very spectacular).
5. If he survives and your are able to perform the second summon then the effect will finally activate.
*** The difficulty of a double summon is true for all Gemini monsters. To make it easier use the Trap card "Ultimate Offering". This lets you summon and active the Gemini monster's effect in the same turn.
So why go through all the trouble? It's because Il Blud's card effect is sinister. Once per turn you can Special Summon 1 Zombie-Type monster from your hand, Graveyard, or your opponent's Graveyard. That is a game changer. On top of that, all cards Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed once Il Blud is removed from the field. Some duelist will use this as a way to fill the Graveyard with Dark Monsters to bring out a card like Rainbow Dark Dragon. If that happens victory is sure to follow. So if you're looking for a fun little challenge try running Il Blud and see how successful you are with him.
One more thing. I highly recommend holding the card and admiring the artwork in person. It is one of the coolest looking cards. A picture on a computer screen just isn't the same.
Artwork - 9/10
Power - 7/10 (all depends on if you can get his effect to kick in...then it's 9/10)
Easy To Play - 5/10
Collectable - 8/10
Overall Score - 7.25/10