Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Card Name: Yubel
This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. When this face-up Attack Position card is attacked by an opponent's monster, before damage calculation inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK. During your End Phase, Tribute 1 monster or destroy this card. When this card is destroyed, except by its own effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Yubel - Terror Incarnate" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.
For those who don't know, this is the first of 3 Yubel cards: Yubel, Yubel - Terror Incarnate, and Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare. This card isn't powerful whatsoever with 0 ATK and 0 DEF. How much damage your opponent sustains depends on the ATK of the monster they decide to attack with. But realistically, they won't be attacking this card once they see it. However, this card is a means to an end. Once Yubel is on the playing field, it is only a matter of time before Yubel - Terror Incarnate comes out. After that happens, Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare will follow and victory is basically guaranteed. This card is not something opponents want to see because they know what's coming. It's also not an easy card to play. Yubel (and the other two incarnation of him) need a specific deck and strategy built around them. Try to include cards that have the ability to remove Yubel from play (such as Black Rose Dragon or Doomcaliber Knight). If done properly this deck is one of the most powerful dueling options out there. So don't let the low personal rating on this card fool you. There's a reason Yubel is a level 10 monster card.
Rulings For This Card:
- Yubel's damage inflicting effect is a Trigger Effect that activates before damage calculation.
- Tributing 1 monster or destroying Yubel is a Trigger Effect that activates during your End Phase. You make your choice when the effect resolves.
- When Yubel is destroyed while in the hand or deck, its effect activates. If it is destroyed while face-down, its effect activates.
- The owner of Yubel activates the effect. If your opponent controls your Yubel when it is destroyed, you get the effect, not your opponent.
- When Yubel is destroyed during the Damage Step, its effect can be activated.
Artwork - 9/10
Power - 7/10
Easy To Play - 5/10
Collectable - 6/10
Overall Score - 6.75/10